The Beaudesert RSL Sub Branch was first founded in the early 1918’s, but which month we do not know as no records were kept, it is also not known where their meetings were held.

However it is known that in 1951 the first load of logs were brought in by Dick Jurd, free of charge, to enable the Sub Branch to erect a building in Jane Street (presently the Girl Guides Hall).

In the late 1950’s and early 1960’s these premises were sold and the Sub Branch then moved into a room at the Shire Council Chambers new office block in Brisbane Street.

This was later sold back to the council and the RSL purchased land at the top end of Brisbane Street, to build a complex for various uses as well as RSL Offices. This building did not transpire as the Sub Branch decided to purchase the old Post Office which came on the market in the late 1960’s, due to a new Post Office being built on the corner of Brisbane and Eaglesfield Streets.

The present Beaudesert RSL Services Club Inc. is owned by Beaudesert RSL Sub Branch Inc. and operates it Office, Welfare, Pensions and Transport Section  from “Flanders House”.

Sub Branch Incorporation 2009

Club incorporated in 1991.

Renovations to the Club were completed in the following years 1998, 2002 and 2005.

The only original part of the old post office is the veranda wall.